Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mi Encantado Ferdinand . . . .

I am writing this letter to bring you comfort on your journey through the wilderness with our most faithful warriors. After so many long years of wandering through the dense forests and avoiding certain death at the hands of heathens or monstros, it has been such a luxury to finally have a place to call home. My only wish is that you were here to enjoy the bountiful fertile river valley we now call Madrid.


As your ships disappeared down the river I sought a will to continue through prayer and asked a power greater than myself to keep you safe. Through that mediation and reflection I have come to develop a theory - a philosophy really - the people are beginning to refer to as Buddhism. A great peaceful breeze has passed over our people, mi amor, and I believe you will want to share the realization of this higher power and the contentment that comes from knowing your place in the chaos we now call reality with any heathens destiny has seen fit to set in your path . . . if for no other reason than to ease the agony of their burning souls and give their meaningless lives purpose.



I pray daily for your safe return and that I have the wisdom and patience to rule Spain in your absence.


Te amo siempre . . . Isabella




No comments: